That’s a fact that diet impacts our health to a great extent. Doctors always recommend us to work on the immune system as it will help us to lead a healthy life and prevent us from falling sick. A good immunity and healthy eating habits will give us the strength to fight any issues like obesity, fissures, or piles.
In this blog, we will discuss a very important subject abut several foods that have capabilities to cure fissure.
Let us try to understand what are the common causes of an anal fissure?
Some of the common causes of an anal fissure are:
- Anal intercourse
- Passing large or hard stools
- Straining during a bowel movement
- Chronic diarrhea
If you are diagnosed with an anal fissure, below is the list of food which is recommended by your proctologist
- Food rich in fiber: Diets rich in fiber will help to pass soft stools. This will help in bowel movements and thus heal your fissure. You should try to eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and nuts as they are rich in fiber
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits play a very important role as it is a good source of antioxidant. This will help to reduce inflammation and flare-ups.
- Peas and beans: Peas and beans recommended by your proctologist as it is a rich source of soluble fibers. This will prevent unnecessary straining and pressure while passing the stool. Some example is like beans, lentils, chickpeas, peanuts, etc.
- Wheat bran: Wheat bran is known to control mild constipation and are a very good source of fiber
- Water: Drink plenty of water as it will help to keeps you hydrated and to keep the digestion regulated and smooth. This will prevent straining and hence healing fissure.
- Probiotic foods: Probiotic foods are good to prevent constipation. This will prevent us from spending too much time in toiled and straining. This, in turn, prevents in harming the fissures.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are known for their laxative nature and are a very rich source of fiber and omega 3 fatty acids that help in preventing constipation and straining.
- Apple: Apples are rich in soluble fiber. Apple adds bulk to your stool and helps in passing softer stools.
- Papaya: In papayas because of its enzyme papain the digestion process becomes strong, so papaya is good for your digestion. Because papaya is a very rich source of fiber and water content; it prevents constipation and promotes regularity.
- Watermelon: Watermelon prevents constipation and helps in regular smooth bowel movement. Watermelon has high water content and some fiber which helps in for a healthy gut.
- Root vegetables: These are a rich source of healthy fibers. Root vegetables give your body that resistant starch which enables you to pass soft stool. This will avoid straining, pain, and burns.
- Broccoli: Broccoli helps in easy bowel movements and hence, it helps in healing fissures. Broccoli also has anti-cancer properties.
So now we have understood that what diet you should follow to heal anal fissures.
But it equally important to understand the there are some foods which you should also avoid like:
- Spicy food or processed food
- Bakery products like cake, pastries etc.
- Deep-fried food
- Dairy products
- Caffeinated drinks
So, now you have understood that food plays a vital role in curing many problems and ailments. So, to cure fissure you should follow some dietary plans to ease up your bowel movements. This in turn can help to cure fissure. If you are suffering from bad constipation you can ask your doctor to prescribe some stool softener. Try to increase the fluid intake. Avoid taking stress and spicy food. Say a big no to alcohol and caffeinated drink. But if you still feel that anal fissure is persistent or getting worse consult your proctologist immediately